Wednesday 2 December 2015

BATTLE REPORT: CHAOS VS ORKS

Yeah, I PLAY Warhammer too.  I don't just spit this drivel out my ass with no clue as to what I'm talking about.  Or at least that's how I hope it looks.

Last Tuesday I dragged my ass down to Reset Ultra Lounge to join in on the festivities put on by the Plains of War crew every month.  And thank god I did cause it was a blast.  They got a pretty sweet set up with about 6 tables set up all full of terrain.  I got there a little before 6 and many of the table had filled up already and I was stuck looking for an opponent.  Luckily for me, Ronnie arrived.





Ronnie brought Orks, and I was playing Chaos Space Marines, so I thought it was the perfect battle report to post considering my 2 first army reviews were CSM and Orks.

I was using the Crimson Slaughter supplement with Daemon allies and my list looked like this:

Dark Apostle, Crozius of the Dark Covenent, Mark of Khorne.  He was the Warlord
Sorcerer, level 3, Sigil of Corruption, Spell Familiar

10 Cultists with autoguns and heavy stubber
10 Cultists with autoguns and heavy stubber
10 Cultists with pistols and a flamer
20 Cultists with pistols and 2 flamers, Mark of Khorne

Heldrake

Relic Predator, Plasma Destroyer, Heavy Bolters, Havoc Launcher
2 Laser Destroyer Rapiers
Vindicator, Siege shield

Daemon Prince, 2 greater daemonic rewards, daemon of Nurgle, flight, level 3, armour

3 Nurgling bases

2 Blight Drones


Ronnie was using the Ghazghkull supplement and had taken the Dread Mob and an allied Ork CAD. His list looked like this:

Big Mek, KFF, Warlord
Painboy
Gorkanaught
Morkanaught
3 Deffdreads
3 units of 3 Killa Kans

Warboss, da Lucky stikk
2 units of boys in trukks

I was fucking terrified.  I wasn't sure I could handle on that armour, what with my 50 cultists and all.  We did all our pre game rolls and we both got a useless warlord trait and I got mostly useless psychic powers.  The only 2 I cast the entire game was Endurance and Invisibility, and more often than not he denied Invisibility.  However, my saving grace what when the Daemon Prince rolled armourbane for his greater gift.

We rolled up the mission and got Cloak and Shadows,

Ronnie won the roll to choose table sides and to deploy first and after we both deployed the table looked like this:


It's a little hard to make out but, from left to right the Orks had:
Deffdread, Killa Kans (in a ruin), Morkanaught, Deffdread, Trukk with Warboss and Painboy, Killa Kans, Gorkanaught with Big Mek inside, Deffdread, Trukk with boys, and Killa Kans.

My army, from left to right:
Daemon Prince, Autogun Cultists, Autopistol cultists with Sorcerer, Khorne Cultists with Apostle, Relic Predator, Autogun Cultists, Vindicator.
The Blight Drones and Heldrake were in reserves as normal and the Nurglings were outflanking.

TURN 1:
Ronnie's first turn was over pretty quickly as he moved everything up and killed a couple Cultists with shooting.  Anything that couldn't shoot ran and the Trukks went flat out to get right behind that big building in the middle.  If I didn't do something drastic both of those squads were going to hit my lines.

The only moving I did was to shuffle my cultists back a bit and charge my Prince forward to try to charge that Deffdread.  I managed to get Invisibility off on the Khorne Cultists and Endurance on the Daemon Prince.  The vindicator dropped a pie plate on the Killa Kans and managed to clip the Deffdread on the right side killing him and a Kan.  The Laser destroyers blew the cannon thing off the Morkanaught arm.  The Pred unleashed hell into the 2 Trukks who parked too close together and managed a whole 2 hull points on one.  Balls.
I rolled them dice for the mighty Daemon Prince to charge into the Deffdread and...


...he failed.  Well shit, this puts me in a real predicament as I am now sitting out with my balls dangling and a Deffdread and the Morkanaught right there in prime position to charge my ass.

TURN 2:
But he didn't.  He moved the Morkanaught up and just the Deffdread toward the Prince.  The boys piled out of the clown cars and everything else moved up and opened fire killing a handful of cultists thanks to some terrible to wound rolls and some decent cover saves

Orks before the assault pic

The Deaffdread charged into the Prince who promptly tore the mechanical beast to pieces.  That left the big one.  Both units of boys and the Warboss charged into the invisible Khorne Cultists losing 6 to overwatch.  I attack first and thanks to counter-attack and hatred I kill 8 before he can lower the Boom.  Well, he must have misplaced the boom because thanks to being invisible he only manages to kill 3.  That leaves a tough Ld check for both units, which he fails both and gets the wrong result on the Mob Rule chart and gets run down.  Not a good turn.


In my turn I get all my reserves in and the Nurglings outflank on the left side of the table and manage to pick up Objective 6, which I have twice.  My Prince jumps to the middle of the table giving him some charging options.
I manage to get Endurance off on the Prince but Ronnie manages to dispel Invisibility.
The Heldrake uses his Daemonforge in an attempt to burn the Killa Kans in the middle of the table and manages to fail every single roll.  Fucking Helturkey.  The Pred does a hundred times better and takes off one hull point.  The Blight Drones put their guns into the Killa Kans that held back in the building and did sweet fuck all, and the Laser destroyers managed a glancing hit on the Morkanaught, yay.


My assault phase was a little better as the Prince charged the last Deffdread swiftly ripping him a new a-hole.  So far he is 2 for 2, but once again he is swinging in the breeze with both the Gork and Morkanaught within range to charge.

TURN 3:
This happens...

Oh Balls...

The Killa Kans also move up to unleash those horrible horrible Grotzookas on the not invisible Cultists killing all but a few and the Dark Apostle.  Both Naughts unleash all their guns into the Prince and manage to put a couple wounds on him.
Mork manages to make the charge, but Gork falls a bit short, while the Kans make an amazing 9" charge through terrain to try and wipe out those damn cultists and my Warlord...
Which goes poorly for them as the Dark Apostle goes to town smashing one to bits and putting a hull point on another and the Kans manage to kill a couple more cultists.



The Morkanaught, needing 5's to hit doesn't manage to do a thing while the Prince tears away a couple hull points.
Oh, and the Kans in the building wipe out the Nurglings.

My turn sees the Heldrake and Blight Drones do all they can to no effect against the Kans in the building.  The Vindicator smashes the last Kan on the far right of the table and the Dark Apostle goes hulk and destroys one more Kan and puts a hull point on the last while the Sorcerer charges in and dishes out that last hull point.  Last, my armour shredding bad ass mo-fo Daemon Prince climbs all up in Mork's guts and burst out through it's chest exploding the monstrosity.

At this point Ronnie has 3 Kans up in a building and a Gorkanaught who is, as this game has shown, only going to get pwned by my Daemon Prince so we decide to call it a game.

VICTORY TO CHAOS: 7-3

This game was awesome for me and terrible for Ronnie.  It started off bad with Hammer and Anvil deployment, then went worse when the Korne cultists surprised him and ran 300 pts of Orks off the table.  He took it in stride though and kept up good humours through the rest of the game.

Thanks to Ronnie for the game, and to Fabio and the rest of team at Plains of War for putting on a great evening of gaming.  I look forward to January's game night.

Until next time, keep them dice rollin.

1 comment:

  1. Nice little write up! I really thought it was down hill for the CSM right from the get go after being that wall of Ork Armour.

    Glad to see you down at Reset and glad you had a good game!

    ReplyDelete