Sunday 29 September 2019

MIDDLE OF NOWHERE GT


There is a tournament coming up and on the heels of finishing up my Chaos Knights codex review, I've decided to take a Chaos Knights army with a little Red Corsairs help.  Here is what my list looks like:

Infernal Household Knight detachment - 6CP
Despoiler Knight - 2x Gatling Cannons, 2x heavy flamer, heavy stubber
Despoiler Knight - 2x Battle Cannons, 3x heavy stubber, iron storm missile pod, Warlord
Rampager - Dreadblade

Red Corsairs Outrider detachment - 2CP
Chaos Lord on bike, power sword, combi-flamer, Mark of Khorne
Chaos Lord with jump pack, power sword, combi-bolter, Mark of Khorne
5x Bikers, 2 plasma guns, combi-plasma, chainswords, Mark of Slaanesh
5x Bikers, 2 melta guns, combi-melta, chainswords, Mark of Slaanesh
5x Raptors, 2 plasma guns, combi-plasma, Mark of Slaanesh

For a total of 1999 points and 11 CP.


I have several plans for this army and I feel that it can be quite flexible.  In general, the Bikers and Raptors will deal with light and medium infantry as well as putting pressure on medium vehicles.  The Lords provide re-roll bubbles keeping the plasma safe, but I can also buy one of them the Murder Sword and name an important enemy Character.  With every hit counting as a mortal wound, this should keep most characters at bay, especially considering the mobility of the Biker Lord.  The Knights can deal with everything from medium infantry to heavy vehicles with their array of gatling and battle cannons, stomps, and heavy close combat weapons.

Now as I briefly mentioned in my Chaos Knight review, they have a huge amount of flexibility in their warlord traits and relics.  If I'm up against a cheeky Eldar list with a ton of negative hit modifiers I can take the Helm of Warpsight to ignore them.  Typically Eldar lists don't have a ton of bubble wrap either, so I can give the Rampager the Quicksilver Throne and buy it the Eager for the Kill warlord trait and have it charge something 30" away.  If there is a Primarch or other really tough unit with a good invul save, out comes the Khornate Target.  If there is a ton of psychic powers on the other side of the table I can take Tzeentch's Pyrothrone and Warp Haunted Hull for 2 attempts to Deny the Witch and use Diabolic Rift to force Perils on any caster too close to any of the Knights.


I'll be trying to get in a couple practice games by the time the event comes around and I would like to get in a couple progress report posts so keep your eyes peeled for more articles from the 40K Misfit.  In the mean time, let me know what you think of this list and the thoughts behind using it.

Til next time, keep them dice rollin.

No comments:

Post a Comment